Friday, September 07, 2007

first book review

It scares me that there are so many copies of The Six Pack Two for people to see. 30, 000, minus the four that I have (most to be sent to friends and relatives overseas). I've even seen some in the windows of bookshops, an honour not afforded every publication. It was quite a surreal experience, bussing past Dymocks this week. You see, Harriet and I totalled up the time we spent on this book: 360 hours (give or take a little for checking emails, eating lunch from Wishbone, and other important tasks). After spending that much time on a project, you feel like it is yours. I have just had my first taste of how an author must feel when their book is finally published.

This is the first review of the book (other than the press release) that I have found: http://beattiesbookblog.blogspot.com/2007/09/bookman-beattie-blogging-from-byron-bay.html#links
And it doesn't say, "Who did the typesetting? I could hardly read it!" So I figure my publishing career isn't over before it has barely started...

No comments: