Thursday, March 29, 2007

for now

I saw Little Children with some friends in the weekend; a film in the World Cinema Showcase. I enjoyed it, although there were a few disturbing parts. And afterwards I liked fighting the cold and wind to get to my nice, cozy house, and my nice, cozy husband.

I am in the enviable position of having too many good books to read, in fact there are six (!) waiting until I finish my current book. I am reading Colour, by Victoria Finlay, (birthday present from brother), at a rate of half a chapter a day. This is unusually slow for me, but at least I am reading consistently, after a reading crisis when I finished my Honours degree. I can't decide which of the books to read next, and have started dipping into another already, reading a page here and there. I am a compulsive book-starter, and often have four or five books next to the bed, something for every mood.

I have a meeting in five minutes to discuss a publication I am editing, to be published in November. I am looking forward to starting work on it, although the manuscripts won't be sent to me until July! Plenty of other assignments to keep me busy in the mean time...

No comments: