Thursday, August 24, 2006

bullet points

  1. I have been feeling: homesick, exhausted, rundown, bored, and lonely. And I definitely want this winter to be over. I am so tired of wearing 6 layers of clothing.
  2. University holidays at the moment, which doesn't really mean all that much, just 6 hours a week that I don't have to go to class. But I shall be spending some of tonight, most of tomorrow, and a good portion of next week at University, trying to write the big assignment due on the first day back (4th Sept). It involves a lot of web-based research, and then lots of writing. But it isn't too conceptual this time, just lots of factual research. Which is a nice change.
  3. I started to re-organise the pantry this morning. It really did need it. I do a lot of baking, so I like the ingredients to be close at hand, but when we moved in, there were so many other things to do that organising a pantry was pretty well down the list. So I am doing something productive, just not in the way my lecturer may prefer..
  4. We had A.J. and Kate over for dinner on Tuesday night. I made a pumpkin and chicken curry (which was nicer than it sounds), and chocolate cake and fruit salad and icecream for dessert. We had lots of laughs and fun, and talked about ugly babies, among other things.
  5. I'm going to finish said fruit salad for lunch. Which is now.

No comments: