Tuesday, February 19, 2008

a small slice of an update

At my job I am paid to write emails and read newspapers and look at books. I also spend lots of time packaging up books and making tea. I go home each day feeling like I have spent the whole day on a hobby; I sometimes feel like I am on holiday from university but then I remember that this is Real Life, well until June anyway.

I guess that old proverb about finding a job you love (etc etc) is true.

I think I'm back in the rhythm of full-time work, although I haven't worked such long hours for awhile. I get here at 8:30am each morning and tend to leave at 6 or 6:30pm, and usually eat my lunch while still writing emails. I'm not complaining – it just wears me out continually getting home after 7pm and still having to find time to make dinner, perhaps do some chores, and do other things like call Mum or read books.


But still, I love my job. I am learning, always learning - I'm working with the two best bosses I'll ever be employed by. I couldn't ask for a better opportunity. I'm fearful of what is going to happen when my internship ends... Big decisions to be made.

***

Yesterday was surely the first day of autumn. Actually, it felt more wintry than autumnal (NB: one of my favourite adjectives ever; I think because it makes me think of C.S. Lewis's Mr Tumnus); I even had my red coat on. I see that as a fairly definite sign that summer is over. Not long before I can dig out my winter boots!

***


A photo of me with some of my friends from school. This was taken at Sam's wedding, where I spent the whole night nattering to the people in this photo.
Even without seeing them more than once or twice a year, I still think of them as my good friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.