Wednesday, January 17, 2007

first report

I chose my most favourite bus route to get home today, #14. It winds its way along Oriental Parade, then up and over Mount Victoria, via Hataitai. As the bus creeps (wait, can a bus creep?) along the precarious road, there is such a magnificent view down to Evans Bay and over to the Miramar Peninsula.

There is too much to say about our recent trip, so documenting the highlights and lowlights will appear later. But for now, here are some photos from my cousin's camera. I've scanned the film that Jeremy and I took while we were away, but they are on my work computer and I have yet to remember to e-mail them to myself. The quality of these photos isn't great, but you get the idea.



The tour group. You can't see it very well, but Jeremy and I are both wearing badges with Disney characters on them, and it also says "FIRST VISIT!" We were given them with our tickets, and decided that would be our Disneyland souvenir. And for free, even.

It is a small world, after all!


Crystal Cathedral


The 'xcelarator' rollercoaster at Knotts Berry Farm. Yes, it is that high, and yes, it was very scary. The whole ride takes 26 seconds (we timed it while waiting in the line), and the first five seconds is a 0mph-to-80mph flat stretch which actually made me stop breathing... in between the screams.

It is much smaller than you imagine. Apparently everyone says that.

At the end of the Jurassic Park ride at Universal Studios (which culminates in a huge water-slide after freaking you out with a massive t-rex leering at you in close proximity)


Christmas Day - presents by the pool. The youngest in the family always plays 'Santa'. As the newest member, and by unamimous vote, Jeremy was deemed to be Santa this year. I guess he'll have that role until someone else gets married.. !

Waiting in line for the Pirates of the Carribean ride (which was okay, although I did fall asleep on Mum's shoulder halfway through..)

2 comments:

Nikolai H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikolai H said...

oops,

Saw your car today while I was driving out to Maranui- hope you are enjoying the local sun again!

I remember that Tyrannosaurus just before the big drop giving me the jeebies too. What did you think of the Getty?

Look forward to hearing about the trip,

Nikolai